Saturday, July 10, 2010

Ss Faith and Laurence Family Fun Day



After my advice bureau at the Quinborne Centre, I went to Ss Faith and Laurence's annual Family Fun Day on the corner of Court Oak Road and (the newly resurfaced) Croftdown Road.

Politicians have a reputation, sometimes undeserved, sometimes not, for turning up at fĂȘtes and the like, cutting the ribbon, having their photo taken and disappearing. So I made sure I visited all of the stands and talked to as many of the exhibitors as I could.

I had some interesting chats with people from Troop Aid, The University of The Third Age, Cerebral Palsy Midlands, Queen Alexandra College, Positive Parenting, Quinton Local History Society, The Crossway, Beech Lanes Neighbourhood Forum and many others. We discussed ways that the Council as a whole or local Councillors in particular may be able to help - hopefully we'll be able to take some of the ideas forward.

Well done to Reverend White and all at Ss Faith and Laurence for putting on such a great event - already looking forward to next year.

No comments: