Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Friday, September 09, 2011
A group of travellers set up camp on Highfield Farm Recreation Ground on Tuesday 23rd August. Accompanied by the Police, I visited them that evening and the following evening and demanded that they left the area. I'm pleased to say that they had left within two days and I’ve ensured that anything they left behind has been cleaned up.
Had the group kept themselves to themselves a bit more then perhaps a confrontation could have been avoided. However, a number of the group were tearing around the park and Woodgate Valley on quad bikes, which was very intimidating for local people. I have a zero tolerance approach to such behaviour and I'm very pleased that our robust stance has worked.
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Saturday, July 16, 2011
- Chip pan fire demonstration
- Road traffic collision demonstration
- Rope rescue demonstration
- Stalls from partner agencies
I have successfully lobbied the Council to add extra dates to the current consultation on the Martineau Centre on Balden Road. These are in addition to the two consultation dates that have already taken place. The consultations will take place at the Martineau Centre itself, on the following dates and times.
- Monday 25 July, 10am–8pm
- Saturday 30 July, 9am–noon
- Saturday 13 August, 9am–noon
If you have any questions or comments about the Martineau Centre or any other matter, I would be more than happy to hear from you.
Friday, May 06, 2011
Friday, April 15, 2011
Friday, March 18, 2011
Sunday, March 06, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Monday, January 31, 2011
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
- Tomorrow's and Friday's half-day strikes have been called off.
- The work-to-rule by the regular crews is also off for the time being.
- The Council will continue to deploy the casual crews as well as the regular crews to clear any backlog.
- Further talks are scheduled for Tuesday.