Thanks to everyone who supported me in yesterday's election and I'm sorry we fell short of victory.
It's been a genuine privilege to represent the people of Quinton ward over the last four years and I hope that I may have the opportunity again some time in the future.
Now for a short holiday...
Thursday, May 03, 2012
Please Support Me Today
Whether it's protecting our parks from traveller camps, action on rubbish collections or fighting antisocial late-opening off-licences, I've worked hard for Quinton and Harborne over the past four years.
If you re-elect me today, I promise to keep working hard for you over the next four years.
Please use your vote to support me - polls are open until 10pm tonight.
Promoted by Len Clark on behalf of Peter Smallbone, both of 1 Lyncourt Grove, Quinton, B32 1DG.
Wednesday, May 02, 2012
The local elections take place tomorrow, and I’m asking for your support. I’m proud of my record and proud of what I’ve achieved for Quinton and Harborne:
- I’ve delivered protection from traveller camps for all of our local parks and green spaces.
- I’ve fought against mobile phone masts – not just for the sake of it, but when they would be unsightly or pose an unnecessary risk – and I’ve been successful in two out of three campaigns.
- I’ve worked hard to resist closures of the front desks at Quinton Road West and Rose Road police stations. Eight more Officers have just been relocated to Quinton Road West.
- I’ve tackled the problem of late-opening off-licences in the area and the antisocial problems associated with them. Two applications were withdrawn after I organised petitions against them.
- And I’m not afraid to stand up to my own Council, for example about problems with refuse collections or plans to build houses on the Martineau Centre’s playing fields, if I believe it’s in the best interests of local people.
There’s still more to do, and I’d love the opportunity to keep working hard for Quinton and Harborne. If I’m re-elected:
- I will make sure that the investigation I demanded into Quinton and Harborne’s rubbish collections is completed and see that the findings are implemented – fully.
- I will fight for restrictions on antisocial drinking on local streets, where there is clear support from residents.
- I will continue to work hard to make sure that Quinton and Harborne gets its fair share of the tax we’re paying.
- I will stand up to the Council, whichever party is in charge, to safeguard the Martineau Centre and its playing fields.
- I will argue for another Council Tax freeze.
Please use your vote to give Quinton and Harborne a bright future.
Polling stations are open from 7am until 10pm (not the other way round as a small number of my leaflets recently claimed!)
Promoted by Len Clark on behalf of Peter Smallbone, both of 1 Lyncourt Grove, Quinton, B32 1DG