Monday, June 04, 2007

Scottish Parliament visit



I'm in Edinburgh with work, so I took the opportunity to meet up with John Lamont MSP for a lunchtime tour of the Scottish Parliament. John was elected in May for the constituency of Roxburgh and Berwickshire, and deservedly so. He's been working very hard there for many years, building up his support and engaging with the electorate on bread-and-butter issues that matter to them, whether it's a lack of dentists, proposed hospital closures, even rod licences!

I was very impressed by John's work ethic and he's running an amazing number of surgeries now he's been elected. John was kind enough to show me the Parliament chamber (I was tempted to sit in the Presiding Officer's chair, but didn't) and his office, complete with something called a 'Thinking Pod'...

A very interesting and informative tour, and I'm sure I'll be seeing John again at Party Conference if not before. Keep up the good work mate!

No comments: